About Me

My photo
Northampton, United Kingdom
Welcome to my Blog. I set this up after realising I spend far too much time updating my Facebook status and living in hope that one day a celeb will reply to one of my Tweets. So if you like reality TV, makeup, short story ideas, magazines, chocolate and the occasional gym class, then this is the blog for you. Now get that tea brewing, grab a couple of digestives and let yourself escape into my world...you never know, you might like it here!

Thought of the day...

"The best time for new beginnings is now..."

Tuesday 31 October 2017

When things go bump in the night

Today is Halloween and there are certainly some strange things going on around me. I've had pens disappearing off my desk at work, my cat starting ferociously at absolutely nothing and my next door neighbours are having a bonfire and fireworks party.

I guess that's all part of the spooktacular that surrounds today. We've had a flurry of trick or treaters knocking on the door - luckily my housemate bought a bag of sweets just incase so we've been able to get involved. I've only ever been trick or treating once when I was 16. I know, I know, who dresses up and goes begging for sweets at the age of 16? Now I'm all about getting dressed up and going out for a few drinks and that's exactly what I did on Saturday. Dressing up as a devil I went to the Picturedrome with some friends for a night of horror and lots of prosecco! 

Now I don't have the best track record when it comes to going out for Halloween because I always end up with my head down the toilet the following morning and the whole day is a write off, but the devils were on my side this year and I survived with just a minor headache and dehydration! 

Another first for me this Halloween is I finally got round to calving a pumpkin after my housemate bought us both one to decorate the house with. I can't say I'll rush to do one again and my calving skills are a lot to be desired, but in the spirit of Halloween, it was fun! 

Now as the stragglers continue to knock on our door, I have given up the scaremongering in favour of the GBBO final. The kettle has boiled and a big cup of tea is calling so I'm off to indulge in some cake envy for the next hour! 

Happy Halloween lovelies x

No comments:

Post a Comment