About Me

My photo
Northampton, United Kingdom
Welcome to my Blog. I set this up after realising I spend far too much time updating my Facebook status and living in hope that one day a celeb will reply to one of my Tweets. So if you like reality TV, makeup, short story ideas, magazines, chocolate and the occasional gym class, then this is the blog for you. Now get that tea brewing, grab a couple of digestives and let yourself escape into my world...you never know, you might like it here!

Thought of the day...

"The best time for new beginnings is now..."

Sunday 8 July 2012

What a bummer!

Whoever said being a girl was easy probably wasn’t female, in fact in an image obsessed world, it’s a bloody nightmare! Choosing the right hairstyle, getting the best makeup, ensuring your grooming is up-to-date and wearing the right clothes actually sounds like fun when you’re trawling through magazines and looking in shops, but sometimes for me, it’s a disaster.

I don’t dislike being a girl; on the contrary I actually love it. The flirting you can do when your out to get a drink off the fit guy you’ve been eyeing up or buying accessories, shoes, bags…the list is endless, but what about those off days? You know the ones I mean, the days when you go into every shop possible and nothing looks right. That dress you love so much in the window looks more like a tent when you try it on, or after four weeks of eating only chicken and drinking green tea, you still can’t quite do up the zip on those skinny jeans. This has happened to me on so many occassions and the complex I already have about myself seems to be going from bad to worse!

I do tend to get the odd compliment here or there, usually about the size of my cleavage, which lets face it if you know me doesn’t go unnoticed, but from out of nowhere I seem to have developed this ridiculous obsession about the size of my arse! Now I know Sir Mix-a-Lot likes a “juicy double” and to be fair, I have been known to shake my “healthy butt” on a night out, but for some reason unbeknown to me, I have found myself wishing my callipygian curves, were….not so in your face. It’s enough with the cleavage; I don’t need the derriere as well!

I know I should embrace my curves and be that all powerful female unfazed by what others think of me, but in reality, their opinions really do matter and with a backside the size of black beauty, I’m starting to think I need to get help before I get mistaken for a bike rack!

Time to get onto the squats I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment