About Me

My photo
Northampton, United Kingdom
Welcome to my Blog. I set this up after realising I spend far too much time updating my Facebook status and living in hope that one day a celeb will reply to one of my Tweets. So if you like reality TV, makeup, short story ideas, magazines, chocolate and the occasional gym class, then this is the blog for you. Now get that tea brewing, grab a couple of digestives and let yourself escape into my world...you never know, you might like it here!

Thought of the day...

"The best time for new beginnings is now..."

Saturday 18 August 2012

If the dress fits....

When it comes to fashion, I’m not really up there as a catwalk fanatic. I always try and make an effort though and look smart for work and when I am out, but I don’t get over excited about shopping for clothes and shoes like most girls do.

So, imagine my shock, when last weekend I went out with my housemate who was in search of a dress to wear for her birthday, and I came back with one to wear also and another to wear to her mum’s wedding in October.

The first shop we went into was Matalan and hanging up next to the fitting rooms (how apt) was this dress:




I fell in love with it straight away so tried it on and couldn’t believe it when it actually looked nice on me and for a bargain of £18 I didn’t even hesitate to buy it. Needless to say, I walked out feeling rather smug!

We then made our way to Wallis, where my housemate had told me about a dress she had seen which she thought would look lovely on me. I remember her describing it to me and at the time, it sounded lovely, but if I’m honest, I forgot all about it (sorry Chelsey!) but when we got there, hanging up at the front of the shop was the dress:



I knew straight away I wanted it so grabbed it off the hanger and tried it on. I loved it but stupidly decided against buying it, thinking I still have a couple of months until the wedding. As soon as I got home, I realised I made a mistake not buying it so found their website and not only did I find the dress, but it was also part of an online offer and was £4 cheaper than buying it in the shop at a cost of £36!

I seriously couldn’t believe my luck. Prior to this, I had spent weeks searching in vain for a dress to wear to my nephew’s naming ceremony, including trying out a personal shopper experience, only to decide on one I already had in my cupboard, but here I was, on a Saturday afternoon, finding two dresses I loved and on impulse, buying them both. I can’t wait to wear them now, starting tonight, with the Matalan dress!

1 comment:

  1. Just to update you all, I got a lot of compliments about the dress, with someone even asking me if it's a Ted Baker dress! I was very happy with that one! Well done Matalan :-)

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete