About Me

My photo
Northampton, United Kingdom
Welcome to my Blog. I set this up after realising I spend far too much time updating my Facebook status and living in hope that one day a celeb will reply to one of my Tweets. So if you like reality TV, makeup, short story ideas, magazines, chocolate and the occasional gym class, then this is the blog for you. Now get that tea brewing, grab a couple of digestives and let yourself escape into my world...you never know, you might like it here!

Thought of the day...

"The best time for new beginnings is now..."

Monday 1 July 2013

Stand by your man?


There’s no doubt about it, everyone has an issue with their weight and size. Whether you think you’re fat, thin, tall, short...it’s the one thing we all have in common, yet seem to use to continue to make other people feel bad about themselves.

Recently I’ve had a few encounters where I have heard women moaning about their men and how much they weigh. Now I’m all for talking about my weight to people I’m comfortable talking to about it, but when someone is moaning at the top of their voice to a friend in public about the size of her fiancés belly, and his need to lose weight to be able to find a waistcoat big enough to fit him on their wedding day, I can’t help but feel outraged.

Of course, she was making a joke out of it, but the poor guy was standing with her at the time and the look on his face spoke volumes. Thankfully the woman’s friend had the decency to tell her to be quiet, which did do the trick (and brought a little smile to my face at the same time!)

Seriously though, if you’re marrying him then you love him regardless of what he looks like and you should be telling everyone how amazing he is, not putting him down. If his weight is an issue then talk it out between the two of you, not all and sundry!  

Come on ladies, stand by your man, don’t shoot him down!

 

4 comments:

  1. Ha! Good article darling. Are you single? I'm not over weight by the way - I just found your site by Googling the Magners poem :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - I'm glad you liked it. Yes, I am single...do you think I would have a different opinion if I wasn't?! ;-) The Magners poem has proven to be popular on here. Just wish I could have taken the credit for writing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! The reason I asked is because it is delightfully insightful so someone that is single :)

    May your day be touched
    by a bit of Irish luck,
    brightened by a song in your heart,
    and warmed by the smiles
    of the people you love.

    Tsíocháin agus an Grá

    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, very kind of you to say, and thank you for the blessing - that's made my day! :-)

    ReplyDelete