About Me

My photo
Northampton, United Kingdom
Welcome to my Blog. I set this up after realising I spend far too much time updating my Facebook status and living in hope that one day a celeb will reply to one of my Tweets. So if you like reality TV, makeup, short story ideas, magazines, chocolate and the occasional gym class, then this is the blog for you. Now get that tea brewing, grab a couple of digestives and let yourself escape into my world...you never know, you might like it here!

Thought of the day...

"The best time for new beginnings is now..."

Thursday 26 February 2015

A Brit of an incident....

Whether you watched the Brit Awards or not last night, you will have no doubt heard all the gossip by now after an unfortunate error of judgement that caused quite an incident on stage...and no, I'm not talking about Kim Kardashian's inability to take a selfie! 

Yes, that's right, I am infact referring to 'that' incident which saw Pop sensation Madonna tumble off stage in a way a child would throw their barbie or action man over their shoulder when having a tantrum!

Despite being in shock at what I saw, I could see it all unravelling before my eyes when I noticed her struggling to untie her cape but I never imagined that it really would happen. Oh and when the music stopped I thought it was all over.

As if I hadn't been cringing enough already what with awful interaction with the celebs presenting awards and Taylor Swift head banging to Kanye's not so family-friendly performance of...hang on, what was it called again? I didn't catch it amongst all the muting!

Madonna handled it in such admirable style though and went on to do a great performance.

I took to Facebook last night and updated my status with a little dedication to her myself. Ive been a fan of hers ever since I was given 'True Blue' on cassette tape so despite a few giggles (sorry!) I think I redeemed myself.

I hadn't planned to put it on here but I've had some great feedback from it so I thought, why not!

In honour of Madonna: (look, I'm a poet and I don't know it! #FacePalm)

Madonna, you weren't such a lucky Star tonight after falling thanks to wearing too much material girl, but it's ok Pappa, don't preach, she lived to tell the secret! I think it's safe to say it's going to be Borderline whether that dancer keeps his job after that error. My theory is he'll be Hung Up for causing all that Commotion in such a Spotlight, but in true style, Madonna, you still went on to Express Yourself. I can't imagine What it feels like for a girl to come back after 20 years for a Celebration only for you to nearly Die another Day. You carried on though and the Music was delivered to all us Beautiful Stangers and that's the Ray of Light we all love about you!

No comments:

Post a Comment