About Me

My photo
Northampton, United Kingdom
Welcome to my Blog. I set this up after realising I spend far too much time updating my Facebook status and living in hope that one day a celeb will reply to one of my Tweets. So if you like reality TV, makeup, short story ideas, magazines, chocolate and the occasional gym class, then this is the blog for you. Now get that tea brewing, grab a couple of digestives and let yourself escape into my world...you never know, you might like it here!

Thought of the day...

"The best time for new beginnings is now..."

Sunday 10 May 2015

Happy birthday to me!

Today is my 35th birthday. Yes....35th! I still can't quite believe it myself given that I still feel like an 18 year old! My body has kindly been reminding me I'm not though: hangovers are worse, tiredness is more apparent, stress is more apparent with my aching and knotty back and staying in on a Saturday night in my PJ's with a cuppa is so much more appealing than putting on my heels and heading to town for a few drinks!

I know, I know, I'm ONLY 35 and should get a grip but there's a part of me that feels a little bit scared that I am this age now. My 'to-do' list isn't getting any shorter and I'm beginning to think I need to fast forward a few things so I can tick them off.

Despite the age anxiety, I can't deny I had an amazing day with my friends and family. A lovely lunch, lots of presents, birthday cake, prosecco, vodka, cuddles with my nephews and a cheeky Jagerbomb thrown in for good measure!

Evening bubble bath done, I am now curled up on the sofa watching the BAFTA'S enjoying a lovely cup of tea and another slice of cake!

If it's your birthday today too then I wish you a very happy one. I hope you have been as blessed as I have with a great day and lots of love from those close to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment