About Me

My photo
Northampton, United Kingdom
Welcome to my Blog. I set this up after realising I spend far too much time updating my Facebook status and living in hope that one day a celeb will reply to one of my Tweets. So if you like reality TV, makeup, short story ideas, magazines, chocolate and the occasional gym class, then this is the blog for you. Now get that tea brewing, grab a couple of digestives and let yourself escape into my world...you never know, you might like it here!

Thought of the day...

"The best time for new beginnings is now..."

Monday 12 April 2021

Coronavirus entry 45: Phase 2 of easing lockdown

I think it's safe to say, the majority of people in England are rejoicing today because we have finally made it to phase 2 of the Government's plan to ease us out of lockdown which means pub gardens, gyms, shops and beauty salons have reopened, much to the relief of the business owners and everyone else who is in need of a haircut, a good workout, a new wardrobe and a good catch up over a few drinks with friends! 

Zoos and theme parks are also now open as well so there is a real sense of relief and elation from a lot of people as we mark the start of getting back to life once more. 

I have seen endless photos on social media of people documenting what they have all been doing today. For me though, it was very much the same, working from home all day! I did, however, book in to have a gym induction so that felt good, I have to admit.

There are still a lot of people who are really nervous about all of this and would much rather stick to the isolated lifestyle we have become accustomed to over the last 12 months and it's not surprising really. We are all still very much at risk of getting Covid, and despite this new lifting, the Government are still urging us to be careful. 

Only time will tell, I guess! 

No comments:

Post a Comment