About Me

My photo
Northampton, United Kingdom
Welcome to my Blog. I set this up after realising I spend far too much time updating my Facebook status and living in hope that one day a celeb will reply to one of my Tweets. So if you like reality TV, makeup, short story ideas, magazines, chocolate and the occasional gym class, then this is the blog for you. Now get that tea brewing, grab a couple of digestives and let yourself escape into my world...you never know, you might like it here!

Thought of the day...

"The best time for new beginnings is now..."

Sunday 10 October 2021

World Mental Health Day


There have been times in my life where I can feel so unbelievably overwhelmed it feels like I'm carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders. It digs so deep into my skin I can feel every inch of my body aching and dragging me down. Unexplainable tears roll down my cheeks, food becomes an unhealthy comfort, sleeping becomes a challenge, and my thought process becomes so bleak and tangled I struggle to find a way to explain how I am feeling. The only way to describe my mind is to compare it to the look and sound of snow on a screen when you're trying to tune in a TV channel. It's stifling.

On days like this it's hard to get a grasp on reality and put myself back onto my axis but I have learnt over the last couple of years that it can be done.

I'm not the best at sharing how I feel. I focus more on looking after others than myself but I know now my own self care is just as important and necessary as those around me.

Recent CBT therapy, and the unbelievable love and support from my friends and family, has made me realise just how important it is to share these experiences and feelings. It's also taught me that being open with how I am feeling is a good thing and most importantly, it's absolutely OK to have worrisome days, no matter how big or small the problem is.

I won't lie, there are still days where I struggle with my anxiety, but that's ok; it's a part of who I am. It just means I need to make sure I am surrounding myself with the people who I can lean on, and keep practicing the techniques I have been taught, to help me through it.

To anyone reading this who is struggling, please be reassured, you are not alone. You are an incredible human who is SO loved, SO valued and SO worthy of living a wonderful life. It's ok to not be ok, and there are so many people around you who can help you. It may seem scary to take that step, but trust me, it will be the best thing for you.

Life is short, so please, be kind, help when you can, love hard and let's continue to look out for each other. We're in this together so let's be there for one another. 

#WorldMentalHealthDay2021
#WorldMentalHealthDay
#YouAreLoved
#ItsOkToNotBeOk

No comments:

Post a Comment