About Me

My photo
Northampton, United Kingdom
Welcome to my Blog. I set this up after realising I spend far too much time updating my Facebook status and living in hope that one day a celeb will reply to one of my Tweets. So if you like reality TV, makeup, short story ideas, magazines, chocolate and the occasional gym class, then this is the blog for you. Now get that tea brewing, grab a couple of digestives and let yourself escape into my world...you never know, you might like it here!

Thought of the day...

"The best time for new beginnings is now..."

Monday 10 June 2013

Poetry in motion

I've been attempting to write some poetry lately and have even entered my first competition so thought I would share a couple with you. I hope you enjoy!


Meant to be?

They were always meant to be.
 
Teasing each other in the playground,
Holding hands when nobody was looking,
Stealing kisses behind the bike sheds. 

It was always meant to be. 

They grew up, and so did their love.
Their first time,
Their first house,
Their first child.
 
It was always meant to be. 

Standing by his grave, tears welled in her eyes.
It shouldn’t have happened.
Not now, not ever.
A romantic evening destroyed. 

Doctors tried to resuscitate him
But it was no good.
The internal bleeding was too much.
He flat lined….. 

Their love was gone.
It was no more.
 
It wasn’t meant to be.
 
******************************************************************

Love Hurts  

She sits alone with angst ridden pain.
Her face pale and strained with wonder.
“He loves me, he loves me not”.
Stomach churning knowing he is with her
The one he doesn’t love,
Or does he? 

Broken promises once again.
But she knows she will forgive him
“He love me, he loves me not”.
Her heart pains and tells another story
The one she wants to ignore,
But will she? 

Everyday the hurt get worse
But she tries hard to ignore it
“He loves me, he loves me not”.
Clinging tightly to the words he whispered
The ones that said “I love you”
But does he? 

“He loves me?” 

“He loves me not”




2 comments:

  1. Tan that first poem is amazing...gave me goosebumps and brought a tear to my eye. Moved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Loz. Glad you liked it x

    ReplyDelete