About Me

My photo
Northampton, United Kingdom
Welcome to my Blog. I set this up after realising I spend far too much time updating my Facebook status and living in hope that one day a celeb will reply to one of my Tweets. So if you like reality TV, makeup, short story ideas, magazines, chocolate and the occasional gym class, then this is the blog for you. Now get that tea brewing, grab a couple of digestives and let yourself escape into my world...you never know, you might like it here!

Thought of the day...

"The best time for new beginnings is now..."

Friday 5 February 2016

Mind Tricks

My head is fuzzy. It's the kind of fuzzy you get when you're coming down with a cold and your body is too weak to respond to anything. It doesn't help that I actually am coming down with a cold and dosed up on decongestant tablets (which probably does explain why my head is fuzzy) but on Wednesday night I was lying in bed and all I could hear is that noise the TV makes when you're trying to tune in the channels and all you can see on the screen is snow.

I know something's not right, but can I think of what's bothering me? Of course I can't....probably because my head's too fuzzy. How ironic! I don't have anything of major significance to be worried about at the moment, in fact, I don't have anything to be worried about, but I my head feels busy, and it's exhausting. 

I'm not sleeping properly either. Last night, for example, I went to bed at 10pm; a decent time for me but I had such a disturbed nights sleep. I woke up so many times I lost count and I was dehydrated beyond belief that I went through nearly a litre of water, strangely enough, I don't even remember drinking it. The only way I know is because of the full bottle I took to bed with me and the almost empty bottle that was on my bedside table when I woke up. 

Even now as I type this my head feels busy. I have my TV off and my mobile phone on silent so nothing can disturb me, yet all I can hear is my fuzzy head. It's exhausting. I feel like I need a switch to turn it off. If only. 

I've considered a mind detox. Is there even such a thing? I bet if I Googled it I'd find loads about how I can do it. Maybe writing about it on here will help. Who knows? I need to try something though because I don't like this feeling. It's putting me on edge. Maybe some yoga or deep breathing exercises will help.

If anyone has any tips let me know. In the meantime, I think I need to take my own advice and get onto a search engine and see what I can find to help me out of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment