About Me

My photo
Northampton, United Kingdom
Welcome to my Blog. I set this up after realising I spend far too much time updating my Facebook status and living in hope that one day a celeb will reply to one of my Tweets. So if you like reality TV, makeup, short story ideas, magazines, chocolate and the occasional gym class, then this is the blog for you. Now get that tea brewing, grab a couple of digestives and let yourself escape into my world...you never know, you might like it here!

Thought of the day...

"The best time for new beginnings is now..."

Thursday 13 August 2020

Coronavirus entry 27: Are we going into a local lockdown?

Northampton has been on the Government radar for a potential local lockdown now for a couple of weeks, and it looks like we may have well and truly shot ourselves in the foot after local food factory, Greencore, announced 300 members of staff have tested positive for Coronavirus.

Greencore manufacture food for M&S and have 2,100 members of staff working for them. They decided to start testing people because figures in the region were going up, hence why we are under the watchful eyes of the higher powers!

The scary thing is that Greencore's factory is round the corner from where I live so does that mean I am now at even more of a risk of getting this virus? As per usual there are rumors that local residents will be invited to have a test done, but given those 300 people have been sent home to isolate for 2 weeks now, I wonder if that will happen. I guess for now, all I can do is continue to do as I have been and IF I do get any symptoms, get a test done.

I really hope we don't go into another lockdown though; I'm not sure I'll cope!

No comments:

Post a Comment