About Me

My photo
Northampton, United Kingdom
Welcome to my Blog. I set this up after realising I spend far too much time updating my Facebook status and living in hope that one day a celeb will reply to one of my Tweets. So if you like reality TV, makeup, short story ideas, magazines, chocolate and the occasional gym class, then this is the blog for you. Now get that tea brewing, grab a couple of digestives and let yourself escape into my world...you never know, you might like it here!

Thought of the day...

"The best time for new beginnings is now..."

Wednesday 14 December 2011

A change, will do me good

With the New Year fast approaching, I find myself thinking of what my resolutions will be for 2012. Despite the usual promises I make (eat healthier, do more exercise and stop drinking for a month) this time I need more. I want something exciting, challenging and different that I’ve never done before. I’m not talking crazy things like jumping out of an aeroplane but something I can get my teeth into and get rewarded for. It’s obvious I need a change because I’ve been stuck in a rut for a long time and it hasn’t gone unnoticed by people around me so I need to do something, if not for my sanity, then for theirs!

I’m really struggling as to where to start though. I’ve searched in vain on Google in the hope I will find the inspiration I need, but nothing! It’s difficult because I have never been that person who knows what they want to be when they grow up and as a result I have drifted my way through life rather than create the one I want. Don’t get me wrong, it hasn’t been disappointing. Infact, I’m very happy with what I have unexpectedly achieved over the last 31 years, but now it’s time for me to find what it is I am good at, work on it and be successful as a result. I have had some ideas from close friends and family, but I’m not business minded. I don’t have the skills or experience to put something together. Perhaps I need to draw up a business proposal and pitch it to the Dragon’s Den. Then again, maybe not!

My holiday to Cape Town in a couple of weeks might be the ideal opportunity to stop me procrastinating and actually do something about it. Maybe two weeks in the sun with a chance to switch off and relax will be what it takes to get the ball rolling allowing me to move into the New Year with a new idea and new focus. Whatever happens, I know 2012 will be a year of change for me, I just hope it will be a good change.

Watch this space…

No comments:

Post a Comment