About Me

My photo
Northampton, United Kingdom
Welcome to my Blog. I set this up after realising I spend far too much time updating my Facebook status and living in hope that one day a celeb will reply to one of my Tweets. So if you like reality TV, makeup, short story ideas, magazines, chocolate and the occasional gym class, then this is the blog for you. Now get that tea brewing, grab a couple of digestives and let yourself escape into my world...you never know, you might like it here!

Thought of the day...

"The best time for new beginnings is now..."

Wednesday 21 December 2011

we're getting there!

The wind down has begun. People are more relaxed at work; morning traffic has practically disappeared now that schools and colleges have broken up and tiredness has well and truly sunk in. The dark nights, last minute shopping, present wrapping and copious amounts of partying have taken its toll and with only two more days of work before my Christmas break, I am starting to look and feel ever so slightly haggard and in need of a well deserved break.

I do love this time of year, but it brings with it so much stress and illness. Everywhere I turn I hear a chorus of coughs and sneezes echoing around me. Even going to the shop on my lunch break for nothing more than a sandwich is more hassle than it’s worth because you can’t even make it into the car park for all the people stocking up on food. The silly thing is, shops are only closed for one day so it’s not like we need to buy as though it’s the end of the world, but then who am I to judge another person’s Christmas? I’m going for the easy option and eating out so I don’t have to worry about buying or preparing because someone else is doing that for me. I’m relishing ever so slightly in the idea that despite repetitive conversations at work about the best time to go food shopping or how to cook a turkey and decorate the table, the only thing I need to worry about is getting to my nail appointment at 11am on Christmas Eve and making sure my suitcase is packed for my holiday three days later.

I couldn’t be more ready for it though. I am looking forward to taking time out to relax in the sunshine with my family, enjoy some lazy days and reflect on what has been a very busy year with many ups and downs. I am that desperate for the break I am practically clawing my way through each day just so I can get there. Of course it will arrive and pass, and before I know it I’ll be back in the rat race wondering whether I had a holiday at all! Before I wish that on myself, I am going to make sure I treasure the next couple of weeks and return in the New Year focused and ready for new challenges that await me. For now though, pass me a Vodka and diet coke and let’s get ready to open some presents!

No comments:

Post a Comment