About Me

My photo
Northampton, United Kingdom
Welcome to my Blog. I set this up after realising I spend far too much time updating my Facebook status and living in hope that one day a celeb will reply to one of my Tweets. So if you like reality TV, makeup, short story ideas, magazines, chocolate and the occasional gym class, then this is the blog for you. Now get that tea brewing, grab a couple of digestives and let yourself escape into my world...you never know, you might like it here!

Thought of the day...

"The best time for new beginnings is now..."

Wednesday 25 January 2012

I dreamed a dream

Last night I had a dream….no, I’m not trying to impersonate the great Martin Luther King….I genuinely did have a dream, and a weird one at that! I was driving down a narrow country road in a VW Beetle and all around me were tall bushy trees. It was late at night and I wasn’t sure where I was going, but all of a sudden a wave of road signs started floating past me. I don’t recollect all of them, but I distinctly remember seeing white arrows pointing in different directions. There were also town names passing by but I couldn’t read what they said. As I continued along my route, the road was getting narrower and more signs were appearing. I didn’t feel scared though, but I do remember thinking I have absolutely no idea where I was.

It’s quite easy for me to interpret what it means, especially as I’m trying to create changes for myself this year, but what struck me was how calm and happy I was and at one point I was even laughing. Change doesn’t scare me, infact I actually quite like it, but the last twelve months have been infuriating for me because the plans I made didn’t happen the way I wanted. I ended 2011 feeling as though I was fighting a losing battle with myself which had an impact on my ability to get things done as I had lost all focus and enthusiasm. However, this dream has been going round in my head all day, randomly accompanied by the lyrics to “The Sign” by Ace of Base which is a bonus because I actually forgot how much I love that song! The more I think about it all though, the more content I feel.

Whether anything comes from this remains to be seen, but I do think perhaps the powers that be are trying to tell me something about my choices and whatever challenges I face this year, I’ll be able to deal with them with ease. Either that or someone’s questioning my taste in music!

No comments:

Post a Comment