About Me

My photo
Northampton, United Kingdom
Welcome to my Blog. I set this up after realising I spend far too much time updating my Facebook status and living in hope that one day a celeb will reply to one of my Tweets. So if you like reality TV, makeup, short story ideas, magazines, chocolate and the occasional gym class, then this is the blog for you. Now get that tea brewing, grab a couple of digestives and let yourself escape into my world...you never know, you might like it here!

Thought of the day...

"The best time for new beginnings is now..."

Thursday 26 January 2012

The heeling process

I’ve done some stupid things in my time, but doing an Aerobics class in heels has to be up there with daft and ridiculous, right? Wrong! Apparently it’s the way forward for us girl to help tone those calves, maintain a good posture and look sexy in the process! It appears the days of jogging bottoms, t-shirts and trainers are out and 6 inch stilettos, hot pants and cropped tops are in.

I thought my eyes were deceiving me after watching this weeks edition of “Fat Fighters” which showed a class of women looking more like they were about to appear on a music video for Eric Prydz than doing an intense cardio vascular workout. Don’t get me wrong; I’m all for finding a fun way to exercise, but seriously, heels? That’s an accident claims advert waiting to happen.

Dancing is great when you’re intoxicated with Vodka and in the middle of a club convinced you’re moving like Britney Spears but choosing to exercise in heels in a studio full of mirrors with nothing other than water as your dutch courage would just spell disaster for me. The fact I can barely walk in them as it is makes me think I’d more than likely end up in A&E with a broken ankle comforting myself with chocolate than shedding the pounds and earning the sleek body that programme promises.

I’m not sure I’ll be rushing to take part in one of these classes, but as I’m that person who is easily sucked in by such crazes, it looks like I’ll soon be digging out my heels and hoping for the best….perhaps I should stock up on the chocolate while I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment