About Me

My photo
Northampton, United Kingdom
Welcome to my Blog. I set this up after realising I spend far too much time updating my Facebook status and living in hope that one day a celeb will reply to one of my Tweets. So if you like reality TV, makeup, short story ideas, magazines, chocolate and the occasional gym class, then this is the blog for you. Now get that tea brewing, grab a couple of digestives and let yourself escape into my world...you never know, you might like it here!

Thought of the day...

"The best time for new beginnings is now..."

Wednesday 4 April 2012

Eggstravaganza!

With Easter only days away, dieters everywhere will be uniting in an effort to fight the temptation of chocolate that is haunting every point, syn and calorie we are desperately sticking to on our journey to lose weight.

Walking into a supermarket earlier for the third consecutive day to buy another egg is quickly pushing me into chocolate hell looking at the beautiful array of colourful packaging displayed under torturous offers of “buy 2 for £3” or “buy one, get one free”.  Crème eggs, mini eggs, giant eggs…eggs, eggs, eggs, they’re everywhere!

Now I’m all for indulging in chocolate and to be honest, perhaps a little too much, but there is something about it that I just love! Maybe it’s the endorphins that are released every time we taste it, and although those same hormones are triggered when we are exercising, it seems far more appealing to get that sense of satisfaction from a bar of sugary fat that an hour of cardio vascular torment! I even read an article online recently that said indulging regularly in sweet treats helps to reduce high blood pressure, lowers cholesterol and even prevents tooth decay. Seriously! Maybe I need to remind myself why I am dieting because it seems to me the food that is making me fat, is in fact, benefiting my overall health and wellbeing.   


Temptation is literally staring me in the face!

I know I shouldn’t get fazed by it because it’s Easter, and if you can’t eat chocolate eggs at this time of the year, when can you? But something is still nagging in the back of my mind because all I can think of is how many points I will be using and what affect it will have on the scales at the end of the week. I really should just learn to chill out. It’s like a friend said to me today, “just indulge, but make sure you go the gym the next day and burn it all off”. This is indeed practical advice, but to be honest, I really can’t be bothered to do that either. I mean, who goes to the gym at Easter? That’s like going to the gym at Christmas!  There is of course, the other option of just having a little bit. Maybe just half an egg and saving the rest for another day…oh who am I kidding, that will never happen.

Despite my good efforts of losing weight over the last 6 weeks, it is with total honesty that I say this: My name is Tanya, and I am a chocoholic. I will be eating Easter Eggs this weekend, and I will be enjoying every last bite!

Happy Easter my little bunnies!

No comments:

Post a Comment