About Me

My photo
Northampton, United Kingdom
Welcome to my Blog. I set this up after realising I spend far too much time updating my Facebook status and living in hope that one day a celeb will reply to one of my Tweets. So if you like reality TV, makeup, short story ideas, magazines, chocolate and the occasional gym class, then this is the blog for you. Now get that tea brewing, grab a couple of digestives and let yourself escape into my world...you never know, you might like it here!

Thought of the day...

"The best time for new beginnings is now..."

Wednesday 25 April 2012

Save the last dance for me....

There’s no denying it, I love dancing. Pop, salsa, tap, street, ballroom…you name it, I love it. The only problem is I’m much better at watching these performances than actually taking part. However, after deciding to put my gym membership on hold for the foreseeable future after losing all enthusiasm for it, I have decided I need to look at different ways of exercising by doing something I enjoy.

I admit it, I’m no Britney Spears and I would probably be a challenge for Ashley Banjo on his secret dance crew, but I do have some rhythm and a bit of hip shaking every now and then always gets my adrenalin pumping, and more importantly, makes me smile and feel good. I have therefore decided to enrol in a course of burlesque dance classes, hopefully with a couple of friends who have also said they’re interested. I have never done it before so I don’t know what to expect, but there’s something about the way you move, the costumes, the music and the ability to flirt at the same time that appeals to me, and that’s got to be a lot more fun than pounding a treadmill for 30 minutes in a gym full of lycra clad fitness freaks. Give me a chair, a shimmy or two and a sultry stare and I’m all yours!

I am really looking forward to starting my new exercise regime and you never know, I may just end up on the next Christina Aguilera or Pussycat Dolls music video!

Watch this space….

No comments:

Post a Comment