About Me

My photo
Northampton, United Kingdom
Welcome to my Blog. I set this up after realising I spend far too much time updating my Facebook status and living in hope that one day a celeb will reply to one of my Tweets. So if you like reality TV, makeup, short story ideas, magazines, chocolate and the occasional gym class, then this is the blog for you. Now get that tea brewing, grab a couple of digestives and let yourself escape into my world...you never know, you might like it here!

Thought of the day...

"The best time for new beginnings is now..."

Sunday 23 September 2012

A Bugs Life

Despite my recent blog post about embracing autumn, I find myself today curled up on my sofa dosed up on paracetamol watching reruns of Friends on Comedy Central, fighting my first (and hopefully last) dreaded cold of the season, hitting home that maybe the change isn’t all it’s cracking up to be! Then again, better to get it now than say in four weeks when I’m going to a wedding, but if I had a choice, I’d rather not be feeling like this at all! High temperature, sweating, shivering…it’s just not a good look for a girl!

I’m trying to fight it though and thought a good workout in the gym yesterday would do the trick but it seems a 5k run followed by 20 minutes of intense kettle bell training has only made things worse. Not only do I look rough, I feel it too and with the added pain of aching limbs, I’m starting to wish I’d just spent the weekend in bed!

 Managing a quick trip to the supermarket to stock up on supplies, I am now sneezing my way through a multipack of Kleenex, dosing up on cold relief tablets and drinking my way through a carton of fresh orange juice and more than likely annoying the hell out of my housemate.

Let’s just hope my unwanted visitor doesn’t decide it likes me a little bit too much because I’m really not in the mood for befriending any bugs right now…so take note any other lingering germs out there, and for your own sake, keep your distance!

No comments:

Post a Comment