About Me

My photo
Northampton, United Kingdom
Welcome to my Blog. I set this up after realising I spend far too much time updating my Facebook status and living in hope that one day a celeb will reply to one of my Tweets. So if you like reality TV, makeup, short story ideas, magazines, chocolate and the occasional gym class, then this is the blog for you. Now get that tea brewing, grab a couple of digestives and let yourself escape into my world...you never know, you might like it here!

Thought of the day...

"The best time for new beginnings is now..."

Wednesday 3 October 2012

Thoughts...

Before I started my blog, I used to scribble things down in a note book that my Dad bought for me from a trade show at the NEC Birmingham in 1995 (yes, I am that sad I noted it in the cover!). At the time, I wasn't writing as much as I do now, but whenever I did, I always copied it into this book. Every now and again I like to read it, sometimes I laugh at what I have written and other times I cringe, but after reading some of the words of James McInerney this evening on Facebook (check out his poems, they're amazing), he reminded me of something I wrote during an English Lecture at university and I've decided to share it with you.

I'm not sure where I got the inspiration to write this, especially as I was taking notes on Lord Byron at the time, but somewhere in that lecture on 18th May 2000, my thoughts changed from 18th Century poets to something very different. I hope you like it!

Thoughts

Let me into your world to feel the things you do,
Never sit and wonder how life could have been when it has already happened.
Reflections upon life are all about learning and growing
into a person where we can control what we do.
But even so, when we are at our peak of controllment in life,
mistakes can still be made, fears can still be seen, insecurities are inevitable.

So this world you are in is similar to mine,
Therefore, we must join to become one,
to help each other through life
and to die, to be reborn again, to show others that
the whole of our living process is a learning one.


No comments:

Post a Comment