About Me

My photo
Northampton, United Kingdom
Welcome to my Blog. I set this up after realising I spend far too much time updating my Facebook status and living in hope that one day a celeb will reply to one of my Tweets. So if you like reality TV, makeup, short story ideas, magazines, chocolate and the occasional gym class, then this is the blog for you. Now get that tea brewing, grab a couple of digestives and let yourself escape into my world...you never know, you might like it here!

Thought of the day...

"The best time for new beginnings is now..."

Tuesday 10 December 2013

"Christmas for Two"

There’s no doubt about it, the one thing that really pulls at my heart strings is when people unite together for a good cause. As we move closer towards Christmas, the spirit of the season is becoming more apparent as panic shopping sets in with too much over spending and indulging in copious amounts of food and drink. On the flip side however, we are never far from helping someone in need and one way of doing that is through music.

Last week I was introduced to local singer/songwriter, Jamie Benkert on Twitter after he tweeted about a charity single he has put together. The Olly Murs look-a-like (oh, yes!) has collaborated with Harley-Joe Arnold to produce a song called Christmas For Two where every penny raised is going towards the Disney and Paddington Children’s wards at Northampton General Hospital.

With a little help from some friends and local drama class, The Alley Cats, Christmas jumpers were on mass as filming took place at both Northampton School for Girls and Beckworth Emporium.

On my first listen I was immediately taken by the catchy melody and of course, great lyrics. Teamed up with a great voice and those classic Christmas bells, I think it’s safe to say I have a new favourite song of the season!

You can download the track from iTunesAmazon and Google Play with prices starting at just 79p and the single is also available to buy on CD for £2.

To find out more about Jamie, check him out on Twitter and Facebook, but in the meantime, have a listen to the song here and let’s all show our support and download a copy for ourselves!


No comments:

Post a Comment