About Me

My photo
Northampton, United Kingdom
Welcome to my Blog. I set this up after realising I spend far too much time updating my Facebook status and living in hope that one day a celeb will reply to one of my Tweets. So if you like reality TV, makeup, short story ideas, magazines, chocolate and the occasional gym class, then this is the blog for you. Now get that tea brewing, grab a couple of digestives and let yourself escape into my world...you never know, you might like it here!

Thought of the day...

"The best time for new beginnings is now..."

Tuesday 3 December 2013

Step into Christmas


This weekend I officially declared the festive season open and paid a visit to the Frankfurt Christmas Market in Birmingham for what turned out to be a booze fuelled, food scoffing brilliant weekend! Along with my brother and his fiancé; sister and her boyfriend, we took to the City and relished in the festivities.

As soon as we left New Street station we were thrust into the masses and proceeded to walk very slowly around the market, taking in the many stalls selling a range of products from traditional handmade wooden gifts and Christmas tree decorations to the more popular choices available including jewellery and winter accessories. 

Then of course, there were the food and drink stalls. So many to choose from it was difficult to decide! Warm cider with shots of vodka or brandy washed down with a popular German sausage followed by mulled wine and Reindeer burgers (yes, really!) finished off with Baileys hot chocolate, beer and not to mention the tequila shots and tapas once we found comfort later on in our favourite spot, Las Iguana's. (I know, I know, slight detour of both venue and country, but it was all part of the plan!)

Decorated with blue and white lit Christmas trees, lots of fairy lights with an ice rink and big wheel to add to the finishing touches, the market atmosphere was thriving. Everyone was so friendly and were all there for the same reason: to have fun and enjoy themselves. It's definitely somewhere I would recommend, but if you are going, wrap up warm, wear comfortable shoes, and be prepared for the crowds!


1 comment:

  1. That's a nice jolly article and Brummies are known for being friendly!

    I look forward to visiting the market myself this weekend.

    ReplyDelete