About Me

My photo
Northampton, United Kingdom
Welcome to my Blog. I set this up after realising I spend far too much time updating my Facebook status and living in hope that one day a celeb will reply to one of my Tweets. So if you like reality TV, makeup, short story ideas, magazines, chocolate and the occasional gym class, then this is the blog for you. Now get that tea brewing, grab a couple of digestives and let yourself escape into my world...you never know, you might like it here!

Thought of the day...

"The best time for new beginnings is now..."

Thursday 19 December 2013

Holdiays are coming


Despite working for an international courier company for the last 7 years, I can honestly say I don’t think I have ever got so excited about seeing a lorry before as I did this evening when our town had a visit from the most famous of them all – the Coca Cola Christmas Truck!

Yes, that’s right; the holiday’s officially came to Northampton today and parked up in Abington Street, parading itself to the locals, getting us all into the spirit of Christmas. I have to admit, it was a bit of a novelty to see the big red lorry with it’s bright lights whilst getting crushed by the mass of excited people around me. It was also tinged with a little disappointment though as they weren’t playing the “Holiday’s are coming” song, instead we were engulfed Mariah Carey. Still, I can’t complain because I ended up singing along anyway!

Although I didn’t bother to get my freebie mini can of coke because of the long queue (yes, really), and also because I knew a had a 2 litre bottle of it in the fridge at home, I did find myself thinking about everything the giant truck stands for and couldn’t help but feel a little nostalgic. For me, as much as Christmas is about decorating trees, writing cards and buying presents, it’s also about spending time with friends and family.

Now I am back home and curled up on my sofa typing this, I am enjoying the luxury of my own cold glass of diet coke mixed with a rather large dash of vodka, thinking of my own friends and family. Right now, my Dad is on a flight from Cape Town to Heathrow and my friend Becky is flying in from Hong Kong, both due to arrive in the morning. My mum is spending some quality time at home with her twin, my sister is busy baking Christmas goodies, and my brother and his fiancé are most probably being entertained by my very excited 2 year old nephew! Knowing that we will all be together this Christmas means so much to me and I absolutely cannot wait until we can start the festive celebrations together!

Who would have thought I could get all of this from one lorry…I dread to think what might happen when I drive into work in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment