About Me

My photo
Northampton, United Kingdom
Welcome to my Blog. I set this up after realising I spend far too much time updating my Facebook status and living in hope that one day a celeb will reply to one of my Tweets. So if you like reality TV, makeup, short story ideas, magazines, chocolate and the occasional gym class, then this is the blog for you. Now get that tea brewing, grab a couple of digestives and let yourself escape into my world...you never know, you might like it here!

Thought of the day...

"The best time for new beginnings is now..."

Monday 15 June 2020

Coronavirus entry 17: I got my cuddles!

Today I hugged my sister; the first cuddle I have since lockdown and we absolutely balled my eyes out with happy tears! Never have I hugged someone as tight as what I hugged my Suzy! It was the best feeling and I didn't want to let her go, however we both had a very confused toddler looking at us with serious concern when she saw the tears, so we both very quickly started laughing and very quickly defused the moment! 

Unfortunately, my niece wasn't as quick to cuddle me as my sister was, but it wasn't long before she was holding my hand and walking around the garden with me, picking leaves and flowers and playing football! Thankfully when we sat down to have a drink, she happily sat on my lap then the cuddles commenced. It was perfect! 

I spent all day with the two of them and it was the best day I have had in such a long time. My heart felt full again and when I got home, I did actually have a little cry, but it was because I was so happy! I've heard a lot of people say living alone during this pandemic must be easy and less stressful, but it's been so tough. I am SO grateful for today, and what's even better is, I am going back to see them both tomorrow.

I absolutely cannot wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment