About Me

My photo
Northampton, United Kingdom
Welcome to my Blog. I set this up after realising I spend far too much time updating my Facebook status and living in hope that one day a celeb will reply to one of my Tweets. So if you like reality TV, makeup, short story ideas, magazines, chocolate and the occasional gym class, then this is the blog for you. Now get that tea brewing, grab a couple of digestives and let yourself escape into my world...you never know, you might like it here!

Thought of the day...

"The best time for new beginnings is now..."

Tuesday 23 June 2020

Coronavirus entry 20: let's open our doors again

Boris Johnson addressed the country this afternoon to update results on their plan to rebuild life after lockdown, and confirmed with the number of people getting the Coronavirus, and the number of people dying from it are both going down, we are now in a position to open up a lot more premises and venues. 

From Saturday 4th July the following are now allowed to reopen: hotels, B&B's and self contained holiday accommodation, caravan parks, camp sites, places of worships, libraries, restaurants, cafes, bars, pubs, social clubs, cinemas, bingo halls, museums and galleries, hair salons and barbers, outdoor playgrounds and outdoor gyms. 

There are certain Government rules they still have to follow to ensure the health and safety of customers, but this is progress that so many people are happy to hear today. 

Nightclubs, indoor gyms and swimming pools must remain closed for the time being because of the risks they still hold. 

Your household can also meet with one other household at a time, including staying the night. This can be indoors, outside, at your home, at a restaurant, pub or in paid accommodation. We have to remain socially distant from anyone outside your household still, but this is such good news for families who haven't seen each other for so long. 

Shielders still need to stay as they are but plans are in place to help them going forward however we need to wait for those to be announced. It's all very positive news today though, so let's hope this doesn't cause any problems or spikes. 

For me, personally, I'm not fussed about going back to clubs or bars, all I want is to be able to see all of my family. That is my priority and focus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment