About Me

My photo
Northampton, United Kingdom
Welcome to my Blog. I set this up after realising I spend far too much time updating my Facebook status and living in hope that one day a celeb will reply to one of my Tweets. So if you like reality TV, makeup, short story ideas, magazines, chocolate and the occasional gym class, then this is the blog for you. Now get that tea brewing, grab a couple of digestives and let yourself escape into my world...you never know, you might like it here!

Thought of the day...

"The best time for new beginnings is now..."

Tuesday 7 July 2020

Coronavirus entry 22: A month of furlough

It's been 4 weeks since I was furloughed, and I have to say, I've really enjoyed having some extended time off. I have spent a lot of time looking after my niece, Ella, catching up with my mum and sister, and today I met a friend of mine for coffee. 

Shops, pubs and restaurants are slowing starting to open up again, but it seems there are also a lot going into administration too. At the moment, I don't have any desire to go shopping or meeting friends at the pub; I feel safer doing it in the safety of my own home. I'm sure it will settle down soon, but I still feel we are doing all of this a little too soon. I know we have to start somewhere, but for me, I'm going to stay close to my family.     

It is nice seeing people out and about more now but I can't help but think it's all happening too quickly. I know it has to start somewhere; maybe I'm just a little bit nervous about it all still. The Governrment are talking about reopening gyms and beauty salons too. I'm just keeping everything crossed that this doesn't backfire on us.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment