About Me

My photo
Northampton, United Kingdom
Welcome to my Blog. I set this up after realising I spend far too much time updating my Facebook status and living in hope that one day a celeb will reply to one of my Tweets. So if you like reality TV, makeup, short story ideas, magazines, chocolate and the occasional gym class, then this is the blog for you. Now get that tea brewing, grab a couple of digestives and let yourself escape into my world...you never know, you might like it here!

Thought of the day...

"The best time for new beginnings is now..."

Wednesday 29 July 2020

Coronavirus entry 25: Happy Birthday Daddy!

Wow, what a lovely couple of days I have had, and what a cracking way to start the week too! On Monday it was my Dad's birthday and he came up to visit us from Bath for a couple of nights so we could celebrate. 

The plan was to BBQ at my house with my brother and sister and their families - 10 of us altogether - but I was hoping the weather would be nice so we could enjoy some sunshine and garden time, however mother nature had other plans and instead we had a lot of rain and a lot of wind. 

However, that didn't stop us! Oh no, we still of course did the BBQ and it went down an absolute treat! Thankfully we caught a gap in the skies where it wasn't raining and my brother took the reigns and cooked the food for us, but unfortunately, by the time we sat down to eat, it was raining again. It didn't stop us from having fun though! 

Yesterday everyone was back at my house and we went to the park near my house for a game of cricket - ironically, the weather was so much better, but still a little windy. I however, didn't get involved with the game - I was having too much fun rolling down hills with my niece and nephew! Talk about a blast from the past! 

Everyone came back to mine again afterwards for left over bbq food and more drinks and even ended up getting a takeaway too! Once again, it was so much fun and I really enjoyed the quality time together with everyone. 

Today I have been feeling a little bit sad. I always hate saying goodbye to my dad and got a little bit upset when I said goodbye to him today. Thankfully my sister and niece stayed with me for a bit after they had gone to keep me company. 

It feels very quiet in my little home now. I live in a two bed end terraced house which I absolutely love, and when I have days like the last couple with everyone here, I love how busy, loud and manic it gets, but I do always feel a little bit sad when it comes to an end. I'm not going to dwell on it though, I have another lovely day out planned tomorrow and I'm reminding myself everyday just how grateful I am to have such wonderful people in my life, and how happy I am that we can now see each other again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment