About Me

My photo
Northampton, United Kingdom
Welcome to my Blog. I set this up after realising I spend far too much time updating my Facebook status and living in hope that one day a celeb will reply to one of my Tweets. So if you like reality TV, makeup, short story ideas, magazines, chocolate and the occasional gym class, then this is the blog for you. Now get that tea brewing, grab a couple of digestives and let yourself escape into my world...you never know, you might like it here!

Thought of the day...

"The best time for new beginnings is now..."

Wednesday 23 November 2011

Remember, Remember, it's all in Movember

“Movember” sees men across the UK and around the world unite for the whole of November in a bid to grow their Moustaches to raise awareness of men’s health, in particular prostate cancer. With this challenge fast approaching its end, I feel it is my duty to acknowledge the effort of my fellow friends, colleagues and other Mo Bros taking part in such a worthwhile cause.

While I would usually favour the rugged look over any distinctive facial hair or for the unfortunate ones, “bum fluff”, I have found it quite hilarious to see the effort that has gone into creating their designer Mo’s. From the Tom Selleck classic to those resembling Charlie Chaplin, I have seen quite a variety on display. My favourite has to be the mutton chops adjoining to an impressive pair of handle bars….now that is something to be proud of!

Of course, it’s not just about the boys because girls can get in on the act also. I don’t mean growing your own tash, because let’s face it ladies, the idea of walking around with any sign of unwanted facial hair screams disaster. To show loyalty to our men we can register to be a “Mo sista” and help contribute towards their fundraising efforts.

Although there is only a few days left to get involved, we mustn’t detract from what is really happening. 1 in 9 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime[1] and while we are enjoying the banter that goes with this event, we must take note of the message surrounding it. Ensuring we stay fit and healthy is important for our overall happiness and wellbeing so learning these facts, understanding how to look out for any changes, and knowing what to do if we have any concerns is vital in getting the message of Movember across. With that in mind gentlemen, I salute you. Be proud of your Mo’s because your sista’s are proud of you!



[1] Fact taken as of 23/11/2011 from www.uk.movember.com


No comments:

Post a Comment