About Me

My photo
Northampton, United Kingdom
Welcome to my Blog. I set this up after realising I spend far too much time updating my Facebook status and living in hope that one day a celeb will reply to one of my Tweets. So if you like reality TV, makeup, short story ideas, magazines, chocolate and the occasional gym class, then this is the blog for you. Now get that tea brewing, grab a couple of digestives and let yourself escape into my world...you never know, you might like it here!

Thought of the day...

"The best time for new beginnings is now..."

Wednesday 30 November 2011

Holidays are coming!

Despite my recent pessimistic approach to the Christmas season, I appear to have made my way to the end of that tunnel and the twinges we all get in our stomach when we are excited have started to make an appearance in mine.

The smell of freshly baked mince pies lingering, and the infamous Coca Cola advert now being shown regularly on the television are contributing to the anticipation of knowing the big man in the red and white suit is preparing to hit the skies to deliver our presents. I even started my Christmas shopping this weekend and regardless of the crowds, I wasn’t phased. A leisurely walk into town and a few purchased gifts later I decided to treat myself to a new dress to wear over the merry season too…well it’s what Santa would have wanted!

Over the next couple of weeks, we will see houses transformed into festive grottos, carols will be heard and hopefully snowmen will be built. Regardless of the cold weather and long dark nights, you can’t beat curling up on the sofa with loved ones watching Miracle on 34th Street and Home Alone whilst enjoying a festive tipple.

I do, however, have more than just presents to look forward to because I am flying to Cape Town to spend New Year with my Dad. Perhaps my enthusiasm now makes me appear a little smug because I will be celebrating Christmas the traditional way and New Year on the beach, but someone has to do it!

As the excitement continues and the last minute panic sets in, I will be putting my feet up, enjoying a large glass of Rose relishing in the knowledge that I have two whole weeks of relaxation and family time to enjoy, and that my friend, is what it’s all about.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Ruth Edwards-Shirley30 November 2011 at 08:56

    I do hope the dress is Red,
    T!

    ReplyDelete