About Me

My photo
Northampton, United Kingdom
Welcome to my Blog. I set this up after realising I spend far too much time updating my Facebook status and living in hope that one day a celeb will reply to one of my Tweets. So if you like reality TV, makeup, short story ideas, magazines, chocolate and the occasional gym class, then this is the blog for you. Now get that tea brewing, grab a couple of digestives and let yourself escape into my world...you never know, you might like it here!

Thought of the day...

"The best time for new beginnings is now..."

Tuesday 15 November 2011

Sunshine on a rainy day

Now that winter is fast approaching and the dark evenings are drawing in, I have found myself in a terrible habit of getting home from work, putting on my comfy joggers and chilling in front of the TV all night. Infact, the more I do this, the more miserable I have become, so have decided to free myself from the house arrest I have put myself under before it’s too late.

I have enlisted the help of my friends and made a pact to meet up at least once a week whether it’s at the cinema, a restaurant or even a few drinks in town. Thankfully, they are feeling the same way as I am so we are all determined to go out more and have fun! Along with this, I have also renewed my gym membership and hope the regular exercise will pull me out of the sluggish misery taking over my mind and body.

The leaves may be falling off the trees and Jack Frost may be on his way, but that doesn’t mean I need to lose my sparkle because I have nothing to be miserable about. I have moved into a great home with new friends, I now have a little nephew to spoil, I’m going to South Africa in six weeks and the Christmas party season is near, so why should I be sitting in front of the TV wishing my life was better, when I should be grateful for what I already have.

Sometimes a good reality check is what you need, and that has happened to me tonight. There’s going to be no more sadness. It’s all about being happy and confident because what goes around comes around, and if I carry on in this state, I dread to think what’s coming my way. The tables are turning so watch this space!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to post again but I LOVE this post, it neatly made me cry with how motivating you are! you should publicize your blog follow other blogs and get more traffic because I think people need to start seeing how good you are. you are a natural T xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie, I am trying to increase my traffic now especially as I am getting a lot of positive external comments about my postings which is really encouraging.

      I'm glad you're enjoying reading my blog, afterall, you inspired me to start it! xx

      Delete