About Me

My photo
Northampton, United Kingdom
Welcome to my Blog. I set this up after realising I spend far too much time updating my Facebook status and living in hope that one day a celeb will reply to one of my Tweets. So if you like reality TV, makeup, short story ideas, magazines, chocolate and the occasional gym class, then this is the blog for you. Now get that tea brewing, grab a couple of digestives and let yourself escape into my world...you never know, you might like it here!

Thought of the day...

"The best time for new beginnings is now..."

Wednesday 8 April 2020

Coronavirus entry 5: It's been emotional!

This afternoon I ventured outdoors to go and pick up an order I placed with the butchers for myself and a couple of family members. It was a pay on delivery from a local pub car park and was all very well orchestrated. Lots of space around us with 2 meter markings on the floor to queue, payment by card, only dealt with one person and he even carried the orders to my car for me!

I then made two drop offs. The first was to my brother and sister-in-law where I had a very brief chat and check-in with them both and my two nephews, Thomas and Oliver who are 8 and 5 years old. Whilst keeping our distance we all agreed not being able to spend time with family was proving to be really difficult, especially as Easter weekend is approaching and we always spend it together. 

The second stop was to my sister, where again, I planned to drop off, check in and go home. However when she opened the front door, I was greeted with the biggest social distancing hello and the sweetest exclamation of "Aunty Tanya" from my 2 year old niece, Ella, that I burst out crying! I hadn't anticipated it to be emotional and I wasn't prepared for my tears so when I got home I had a big cry and poured myself a large vodka and diet coke! 

On the flip side, my cousin featured on The One Show this evening. She was part of a pre-recorded medics ceremony after graduating from The University of Nottingham having spent the last five years studying to be a doctor. She is now part of the new intake of junior doctors about to embark on their journey into the NHS. Now more than ever, she will be entering a field that is going to be faced so many challenges, and I couldn't be more proud of her. She is doing such a remarkable thing.

I have since spent time this evening catching up on correspondence, seeing my nephews again, only this time on video chat where we played a few games of bingo, and making plans for what I can do around the house over the bank holiday weekend!

I am emotionally exhausted and an early night is a must. I just hope I can actually get to sleep tonight!



No comments:

Post a Comment