About Me

My photo
Northampton, United Kingdom
Welcome to my Blog. I set this up after realising I spend far too much time updating my Facebook status and living in hope that one day a celeb will reply to one of my Tweets. So if you like reality TV, makeup, short story ideas, magazines, chocolate and the occasional gym class, then this is the blog for you. Now get that tea brewing, grab a couple of digestives and let yourself escape into my world...you never know, you might like it here!

Thought of the day...

"The best time for new beginnings is now..."

Wednesday 29 April 2020

Coronavirus entry 8: Switching off

It's been ten days since I last did a coronavirus update. I have sat down at my laptop two or three times to write another update during that time, but found myself struggling to find something to write. It's not like there hasn't been anything going on, or updates to give; the struggle has come because it's just so depressing every time I hear the news or listen to the radio and I'm just tired of it all right now.

I've had to switch off from the reality of what is going on because it's draining. The UK now holds the second highest number of deaths of Covid-19 in Europe with figures confirmed at 26,097. That includes deaths in care homes, hospitals and in the community. Although the number of deaths in hospitals are declining, records of those dying in care homes are only just coming to the forefront. We are now also, the third worst-hit country in the world with Italy at 26,872 and the USA exceeding 59,000 deaths. It scares the hell out of me when I look at those figures.

We're still in lockdown for another week, but I can't see Brois lifting that before the end of May. There have been a few mentions of maybe being allowed to have small family gatherings, rumours of some shops opening up soon and even schools reopening again, however all of that is hearsay. I guess we won't know for certain until another Government announcement is made.

The plus side is Boris officially started back at work this week, after spending two weeks recovering at home, and his partner, Carrie, gave birth to their son today. So a little bit of good news amongst all of this bad!


No comments:

Post a Comment