About Me

My photo
Northampton, United Kingdom
Welcome to my Blog. I set this up after realising I spend far too much time updating my Facebook status and living in hope that one day a celeb will reply to one of my Tweets. So if you like reality TV, makeup, short story ideas, magazines, chocolate and the occasional gym class, then this is the blog for you. Now get that tea brewing, grab a couple of digestives and let yourself escape into my world...you never know, you might like it here!

Thought of the day...

"The best time for new beginnings is now..."

Tuesday 7 April 2020

Coronavirus entry 4: Week 3 of lockdown

We are now into week 3 of isolation and I have to admit, I am finding it hard not being able to see anyone. As lovely as it is to chat to my friends and family on the phone and video, not being able to give them a cuddle is really tough. This is definitely highlighting just how important human contact is. It's also very quickly reinforcing that being single and in isolation is not nice...but that's for another day. I'm not about to go all Bridget Jones on you!

I still keep going through the motions of why we are doing this, but everytime I watch the news or listen to the radio, it painfully reminds me of the importance of staying inside. As of 19:46 UK time, Sky News have reported another 784 people in this country have died, bringing the total number of UK deaths to 6,159.

At the same time, Boris Johnson is currently lying in intensive care trying to recover from this horrendous virus. He announced 11 days ago (Friday 27th March) he was self isolating due to having come down with symptoms but was admitted to hospital last Sunday (5th April) and was moved to ICU yesterday. Thankfully, although he is getting oxygen support, he is breathing without assistance so the whole country is willing him on to get better. 

What baffles me most about all of this is there are still people not listening to what we are being told to do. I just don't understand it. Why put yourself and your family at risk? It just doesn't make any sense to me at all. 

We are due another Government update this week about what will happen going forward. We were initially told to lock down for 3 weeks and as that is almost over, we are all waiting for the next step. Going by what is happening around the world, it's unlikely we will come out of isolation, but I do wonder whether stricter measures will be put into place, such as taking away our daily outdoor exercise, or limiting the number of times we can go shopping. I guess only time will tell.



No comments:

Post a Comment