About Me

My photo
Northampton, United Kingdom
Welcome to my Blog. I set this up after realising I spend far too much time updating my Facebook status and living in hope that one day a celeb will reply to one of my Tweets. So if you like reality TV, makeup, short story ideas, magazines, chocolate and the occasional gym class, then this is the blog for you. Now get that tea brewing, grab a couple of digestives and let yourself escape into my world...you never know, you might like it here!

Thought of the day...

"The best time for new beginnings is now..."

Monday 13 April 2020

Coronavirus entry 6: Easter weekend

This weekend has been a strange one. It's Easter, and under normal circumstances I would have relished in the four day weekend, but for obvious reasons, this one has been challenging. Don't get my wrong, I haven't been moping around, but this is the biggest family get together I usually have after Christmas, and with the weather being so lovely and warm, it made it very hard not being able to go and spend it with mine.

It didn't stop us from keeping in touch though. Since Thursday evening I have been on video chat with so many people and spent the majority of Saturday with friends and family - both in England and South Africa - some of whom I haven't seen for months, if not years, so it was treasured moments I am grateful for. 

As much as I tried not to let it get to me, I did have a few wobbly moments, but I just kept on reminding myself this is (hopefully) a short term thing and as soon as we get the go ahead, we will all be together again. I managed to keep myself occupied by mowing the lawn, tidying the house, washing, reading and playing "Words with friends". 

Unfortunately, the sad news is we have now exceeded 11,000 deaths in the UK which is just heartbreaking, so when I was tagged on instagram to do a challenge to raise money for the NHS this morning, it was a no brainer. The aim was to run, walk or cycle 5k, donate £5 and nominate 5 more people to do the challenge too. In the big scheme of things, it isn't a lot, and only took an hour of my time, but all small things add up to something big especially with so many people getting involved. Initially, the aim was to raise £1 million and it is already far exceeded that so the organisers have increased it to £2 million and I don't think it will be long before that target is reached either.

Boris Johnson is also out of hospital now. Thankfully. Although he is still resting at home, he addressed the country on Saturday night and thanked everyone in the NHS for the remarkable job they did. Whatever anyone's political viewpoint is with the Government's attitude toward the NHS, there is no doubt about it, everything will change going forward.

Back to work tomorrow (in the kitchen, not the office!) so no doubt a busy day ahead. Feeling anxious about it again, but I know I'll be fine once I get into it. I hate that I feel like this so trying not to let it get to me. Maybe it's the lack of sleep I'll no doubt have that I am more anxious about. Yet again, I am still sleeping terribly, but I've decided not to stress about it. Hopefully it will settle down, but in the meantime, I can only deal with it in the moment. 



No comments:

Post a Comment